Presentation of FreeSAS¶
FreeSAS is a Python package with small angles scattering tools in a MIT type license. It provides:
- autorg: Automatic radius of gyration assessment based on Guinier law
- cormap: Comparison of a set of (saxs) curves to decide if they are the same or not
- bift: Bayesian inverse fourier transform
- supcomb: overlay and averaging of dummy-atom models
- extract_ascii: a tool to extract .dat files from HDF5 files provided at ESRF-BM29
FreeSAS has been write as a re-implementation of some ATSAS parts in Python for a better integration in the BM29 ESRF beam-line processing pipelines. It provides functions to read SAS data from pdb files and to handle them. Parts of the code are written in Cython and parallelized to speed-up the execution.
FreeSAS code is available on Github at https://github.com/kif/freesas .